Monday, November 5, 2007

Father/Physician

1 week ago, this morning, I had surgery to remove some bone/cartilage fragments from my knee. I have a form of arthritis that caused some spots of bone tissue to die and chip away. Therefore, they stopped being bone and started being "artifacts" according to my doc. Anyway, they have been removed, and God has used my week of forced relaxation to speak.

It's interesting to know that when I was 15 (that'd be 20 years ago) I was told by a doctor that I had the beginnings of arthritis, but it was not until now that I had to have anything done about it. Isn't that just like the spiritual realm? Lots of stuff that causes us pain is rooted way back in our past and it takes a loving "doctor" to go in and remove what is dead that causes our pain. God identifies Himself as our Great Physician, but He is also Father. He is not only completely knowledgeable about what ails us, He loves us and knows what we must go through to grow us up into maturity in Him. Hallelujah, He is constantly Fathering us. We can trust His heart, even though His action may make zero sense to us.

Oh Father, keep fathering me. Help me trust that You know what You are doing and that Your agenda is for my good and Your glory. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: