Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Keys To Lasting Change

I read an article this morning in Billy Graham's Decision Magazine that intrigued me. It's called "Keys To Lasting Change" by Chip Ingram. It is an article written to help individuals who know God and love God, but have not been able to gain ground in overcoming sinful patterns in their lives. It is a great article and very helpful for individuals. But as I read, I realized that it is not only applicable to individuals, but churches, too. I think many local churches realize that they are not fulfilling God's design for them, just like many believers know this about their personal lives. The thing that hit me here is that it is not a quick fix, but a process that God leads us through. Be encouraged that the Holy Spirit will lead us into Christlike obedience and that obedience will be accompanied by the power necessary to accomplish all that God has planned for us. Hallelujah!

Praying for healing in Christ's Church,
~Jon

Here's the article link:
http://www.billygraham.org/DMag_article.asp?ArticleID=973

1 comment:

Requelle Raley said...

Wow. Gonna have to chew on this one a while. But there are several things that just smacked my in the head. My soul screams, "yes", and already by flesh is resisting. Thanks for sharing this. I've already printed it and will use tonight to begin digesting what this holds.