Monday, January 12, 2009

The Transition Continues...

This season of transition continues to stretch us and reveal more of who our Father is. I hate it and I love it. Do I sound crazy?

Anyway, I just wanted to share the passage that the Lord has me memorizing currently.

Seeking the New that the Lord has waiting in His time,

~Jon

"My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh. Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life. Put away from you a deceitful (devious) mouth, And put perverse lips far from you. Let your eyes look straight ahead, And your eyelids look right before you. Ponder the path of your feet, And let all your ways be established. Do not turn to the right or the left; Remove your foot from evil." - Proverbs 4:20-27 (NKJ)

2 comments:

Richard Holloman said...

Yes, I think you're crazy! LOL

Anonymous said...

Jon,

You have no idea who I am, but I was your son Eli's Sunday School teacher yesterday morning. The reason I find myself on your blog is because when I was looking over the list of parents' names and preparing some outreach I thought your name sounded familiar.

We were at Two Rivers back in the late 80's and early 90's and my brother-in-law, Ricky Cook, was there a bit longer than we. That's only to give you a history.

What I really wanted to tell you is that I looked at Eli yesterday and thought, "How have I missed this child! Surely he has been here all along and I have just let his face slip my mind!" He participated in everything we did yesterday, was our "Barak" in the story of Deborah and Barak, and read scripture like he has been raised on the Word unlike some of our children.

God also has me memorizing scripture on wisdom this year -- starting with Proverbs 2.

I just wanted to say that we enjoyed having Eli with us yesterday and please know that you and your family are welcome any time!

Blessings,
Dori Cook